CHTA is a national industry association that promotes Canadian hemp and hemp products globally. Established in 2003, the Alliance represents those involved in Canada’s hemp industry.
Members include farmers, processors, manufacturers, researchers, entrepreneurs, and marketers.
The key functions of the Alliance are to disseminate information, promote the use of nutritional and industrial hemp products, develop standards and coordinate research.
CHTA is the “go to” organization for industry, government, and consumers looking for expertise and insight into Hemp Food, Feed, Fibre and Fractions, while creating a 1 billion dollar industry.
To champion a diverse and robust Canadian hemp industry which benefits all stakeholders along the value chain.
1. Governing with Excellence – Governance and Performance
2. Government Relations – Communication and Advocacy
3. Promotion and Research Agency – Management Support
4. Public Trust – Education and Awareness
5. Membership – Inform, Communicate and Grow
6. Market Development – Tradeshows, Seminars, and Trade Contacts
7. Research – Genetics, Quality and Cost of Production
8. Standards – Consistent Terms of Trade